Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reader's Digest

I was only 9 when my Granddaddy passed away. He was the greatest man that ever lived. I was one of the fortunate kids who got to spend just about every day with my Grandmommy and Granddaddy before I started kindergarten. He was the man who knew it all when it came to science. He was fascinated by technology. He used to hold out his hand and with his other hand show me how small a "chip" there would one day be that would be able to hold all kinds of information...this was before CDs, the internet, digital cameras, cell phones, iPods and iPhones. If he were alive today, he would be 91 and would have been blogging long before it was cool. Anyway....I digress. 

One of the funnier memories I have of my grandfather is that he used to fall asleep on the toilet lost in a Reader's Digest. I would walk back to his bedroom and I could hear him snoring through the bathroom door. Well, not sure if genetics are to blame, but Savannah has picked up on this habit -- she reads while having her diaper changed. Although we are Digest subscribers, she prefers Fortune magazine. Stephen took this picture while I was changing her diaper the other day and it immediately reminded me of my Granddaddy. 

No comments: