Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stone Mountain Park

Today we journeyed to Stone Mountain Park. We started with a Sky Bucket ride to the top of the mountain. In all my 30+ years in Atlanta, I've ridden the sky bucket at Stone Mountain twice...the first time was about 3 years ago when Stephen was hosting an associate from one of our Indian offices. Second time was today. Anyone who knows me knows I FEAR the sky bucket...whether at Six Flags, Busch Gardens, doesn't matter. But riding to the top of the mountain is the most frightening experience for me. I was crouched low and closed my eyes, while my fearless 2-year old giggled and played with daddy the whole way up. I definitely prefer the 1.3 mile walk up!


Once we ascended, we walked around the top of the mountain for a little bit. Savannah was AMAZED at the plethora of rocks at the top. Who knew pebbles at the top of a huge piece of granite could be so amusing???



How big is this rock? "Soooooo big!"


Family photo!


After we safely made it back down to planet Earth, we headed for the train. Savannah has only been on the train at Zoo Atlanta (booorrrrrring!) and at the Jacksonville Zoo (maybe a step above Zoo Atlanta, but that's about it). She was very excited to ride a "real" train. Here are a few pictures, but it's very difficult to take pictures on a moving, rickety choo-choo (so rickety, in fact, they actually have a rule "No pregnant women". I sucked it in and boarded, but realized by the end why they have that rule!

"Mommy, no matter how many times you tell me to look at the horsies, I cannot see any horsies!!!"

Daddy and Savannah riding the train.

"Choo-choo!"

"It's loud."

Getting sleepy.


After the train ride, Savannah decided to take off her shirt. We still have no clue why. This was a first for us.


After our exciting morning, we topped off our Saturday with our friend and neighbor's 4th birthday party. Savannah had a great time playing with her friends, swinging and doing tumbles with Sophie.

No comments: