Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gingerbread House

Today after Savannah's nap, we decorated a gingerbread house. I don't think I've ever actually decorated a gingerbread house before. I found a pre-baked, not to mention, pre-constructed, gingerbread house at Costco on Saturday. It comes with all the fixin's (although we added candy canes and Jelly Bellys)...so no baking gingerbread and I didn't lose my patience and throw the darn thing out the window trying to construct 4 walls and a roof with frosting...(that part would be the Davis in me).

I plan to make this an annual tradition with Savannah (and Gage). I was very surprised (although not really) that Savannah didn't want to eat the candy or lick the frosting. I offered her a gum drop, which she chewed on and then spit out. She ate most of a mini candy cane. But what really did shock me was that she didn't even attempt to put one Jelly Belly in her mouth...this is the same girl who fell in love with jelly beans this past Easter and I've been guilty of using them as bribes every now and again when she's not in the mood for mommy to comb her hair.

The bare naked house...


Mommy would "glue" and Savannah decorated...


The finished product:



Not too shabby :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy- these photos are GREAT! Savannah looks like such a big girl with her gorgeous hair down! The gingerbread house is just so adorable and the fact that it is from Costco may actually make me try this with Julia and Annabelle! Thank you so much for sharing....

Joy

Myndi Giebels said...

Oh my gosh, that's insane. LOL! I just posted a blog about my stupid french toast snowmen that I was OH so proud of you and here you are with your gingerbread mansion. Impressive, but you will never be invited to my house for dinner now because everything I make is heated and eaten from the container in which it was bought. I can't bake either, so no dessert.