Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Paas...a family tradition

Being the weekend before Easter, and knowing that our Easter weekend dance card was already full, Savannah and I decided to begin our newest family tradition a week early - dying Easter eggs!!! I hadn't dyed eggs in I don't know how many years so I was a little weary since I seem to remember not doing it often and probably because it has the potential of becoming a huge mess. Nevertheless, I could not pass up the Paas display at Publix the weekend before last. I gave Savannah the choice...tie-dyed or animals...and therefore, the choice was obvious...animals it was!

We had fun after finally figuring our which cups would work best for submerging the eggs in the dye (kiddie cups from Outback). The Paas kit still comes with the same little metal dipper thingy that came with the kits when I was a kid.

Savannah enjoyed watching the tablets fizzle in the vinegar and thought I was crazy for letting her drop the eggs in these cups.


But she loved the results!


Here's our little zoo.


And Savannah added the finishing touches of animal stickers.


There was so much more to the weekend...Gage turned 4 months old on Friday and had his 4 month well visit on Monday. That will be for another post. Savannah FINALLY got her hair cut on Saturday...she's been asking us to take her for weeks! On Sunday, Savannah and I met up with Sophie and her mommy at the park and took lots of fun Spring pictures of the girls. That will have to be for another post too since I'll have to include comparison pictures from when we took the girls to the same park this time last year.

No comments: