Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Last night as a family of 3

My bag is packed...I think I overpacked for a 4-night stint in the hospital. I'm excited, happy, scared, nervous and sad all at the same time. I'm excited to no longer host this parasite that has been feeding off of me for 37 weeks. Happy to no longer miscalculate how incredibly large my mid-section is and quit bumping it into, well, everything. Scared because, well, it is surgery. Nervous to be a "new" mom all over again to a teeny tiny baby who is going to depend on me 120% for everything. Not to mention that this one is going to have a penis...ugh...which means circumcision...oh, God, what have I gotten myself into??? Can I say "penis" and "circumcision" on Blogger??? Finally, I'm sad...sad for Savannah. Don't get me wrong, I love that she is going to have a sibling. I don't know what I would do without my sister. I mean, who's going to be there for me when everyone else in my life has to go? So I know that having a brother is the best gift we can give her. I know she will love her new baby brother and she's going to be a terrific big sister. She's already, by her own thoughtfulness and sweetness, given up one of her beloved teddy bears to Gage. She recognized one night that he didn't have any teddy bears. So she went to her room, grabbed one of her own and tossed it over the rails into his crib. I mean, how precious is that???

So on this last night of being a family of 3 (as if this blog hasn't been all about Savannah), I thought I would post some of Savannah's first photos. She was a BIG baby girl and absolutely gorgeous! I'm not biased or anything.

9 1/2 pounds!






Click on this to see larger...3, 6, 9 and 12 months.



Oh, and I guess I'm going to have to come up with a new name for this blog.

No comments: