Friday, December 12, 2008

My first (at home) "bath" and more photos

The other night while Stephen rescued Nana from Savannah's relentless whining, crying and newfound love of the word "No!", Nana helped me give Gage his first sponge bath. It was a success! His umbilical cord stump is still attached (Savannah's took 6 WEEKS!!! to finally fall off), therefore, it's sponge baths until it finally comes off. I'm also VERY HAPPY to say that Vaseline and gauze are no longer part of the diaper changing process...woohoo! It really wasn't near as bad as I expected. Thank goodness for the medical pad "thingys" Susana gave us since Vaseline doesn't absorb water (a.k.a. urine), but repels it to every place other than the diaper! We keep one in his crib at all times and one on the diaper changing station since we were washing all 3 of our Ultimate Crib Sheets everyday.

I'm having fun with my 24/7 model on hand and gaining more and more experience photographing newborns. What fun! He's an excellent model...I just need to keep working on learning this digital SLR contraption! My mom is a terrific assistant! I'm also working on our Christmas card which in years past we have outsourced to Shutterfly, but this year, I'm doing them!!! I think we finally narrowed down the pictures we're using so I can finally share some of the other pictures I've taken so far. Unfortunately for the blog, we are using Savannah's Santa picture for the Christmas card so I cannot share it here. I am proud to say, however, that the picture I took of her and Santa was 1000 times better than the one the nice folks at Phipps took!

I've also been very busy with our family calendar. The Davis Family calendar is long-time tradition that my Aunt Brencie started several years ago. Last year, Stephen and I took over production of the calendar (Brencie struggles a bit with the technology so we figured it would be fun and would help Brencie out if we put the calendar together.) Brencie prints the calendars and she and her granddaughters bind them. I wanted to "cheat" this year and do them through Shutterflly or some other online program like it, but at $20 a calendar, it is much more cost effective to do them ourselves...I think it ends up being about $2 per calendar.

Finally...time for some photos...

Bath time! Gage peed on Nana when I (being unprepared) ran to get my camera after the bath. "What are you lookin' at?"


Just messin' around...and torturing poor Gage.


Daddy and Gage fell asleep snuggling.


My mom took this one...his feet are so tiny. Savannah was nicknamed "Sasquach" at birth given the insane length of her feet. Gage's feet are eensy in comparison.


Tiny toes.


Sweet boy so alert.

1 comment:

Myndi Giebels said...

He is so adorable!! What a cutie pie. It looks like Savannah is enjoying her role as big sis too. Congrats to you two - you have a wonderful family!