Friday, December 5, 2008

Someday My Prince Will Come (he's here!)

I am so happy to tell the world that Gage Martin Barnett arrived Wednesday December 3, 2008 at 8:52 a.m. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 6 ounces and is 19 inches long. He has been eating and sleeping very well and as I type this blog, he's sleeping soundly on a full belly.

Big sister, Savannah, came to meet Gage last night and I really wished we had a video camera to record her reaction. She first greeted me and attempted to climb up on my bed. When I pointed to the bassinet and asked if she knew who that was, she giggled and said, "Baby Gage" and then continued to giggle. She even held him (with some assistance). She is super proud to be a big sister. I'm just praying that her enthusiasm won't waiver.

Nana and Aunt Brencie took Savannah to the Marietta Square last night to listen to the Walker Middle School's choir (my little cousins were singing). She had a grand time playing on the train playground and then dinner at the Marietta Diner (yum!). She's just having a ball with her Nana!

I can't share any pictures on the blog, however, Stephen took several point and shoot pics and downloaded them to Shutterfly yesterday. Here's a link for those of you interested in seeing more of my little prince.

Shutterfly pics

No comments: