Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Morn

I know...it's been a long time since I've blogged, but more importantly, posted pictures!!! No excuses here, just been taking advantage of sleep where I can get it and overly enjoying daytime HGTV, FLN and The Food Network...just being honest here.

Christmas morning started a little late. This year I wanted to be showered and dolled up before the chaos of the morning began. Last year's pictures showed the previous day's mascara under the eyes and PJs and oversized sweatshirt. I vowed to never look like that on Christmas morning ever again. We'll see how that pans out in years to come when Savannah and Gage understand the significance of Christmas morning. This year, we didn't get downstairs until after 9:00.

The day before, Savannah and I made Christmas cutout cookies. Savannah helped roll the cookie dough and enjoyed stamping out the cookies. No pictures were allowed during this undertaking due to my vanity...no shower for mommy on Christmas Eve (and it's likely I didn't have one the day before either). Stephen asked me to keep the cookie cutters out so he could make a special treat for Christmas breakfast...Christmas shaped pancakes! Stephen doesn't even like pancakes, but knows how much Savannah and I do! What a man :-) I did get a picture of the lovely pancakes. I thought they were beautiful!



After breakfast, the present-opening madness began! Savannah is finally at an age where she LOVES to unwrap gifts. Doesn't really matter what's inside; paper tearing is what counts. She was happy to help Gage open all his presents too. Here are a few photos of Savannah. Here favorite gift by far was her Pat Pat Rocket (Little Einsteins for those of you not fortunate enough to have experienced this phenomenon yet).



After the presents, I dressed Gage in this cute number and tortured him for a little while :-)

No comments: