Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year...2009!

New Year's Eve started with my 4-week follow-up appointment with my doctor. All is well with me and I'm now ready to start taking some walks, although they may consist of 100 laps in the cul-de-sac to avoid the monster hill.

We spent the evening festivities with Sophie and her parents and their neighbors, Ian, Carol and baby Harry. Savannah and Sophie played so well together in Sophie's playroom that we barely heard from either of them the entire evening. Gage, once again, slept through the entire party.

Around 9:30, it was time for the girls to go to bed. Now, I've put Savannah to bed at Sophie's house before, but then when we were ready to leave we took Savannah with us. This time, however, Savannah spent the entire night with Sophie. She slept through the night, stayed dry, and while Susana reported that she was a little worried when she first woke up, she adjusted very quickly at the sight of Sophie. The girls had breakfast together and then played. Susana called us around 8:30 (so nice to sleep in!!!) and Stephen picked up Savannah not too long afterwards.



Earlier in the season, Stephen took Savannah for a haircut...really just an attempt to help me by getting Savannah out of the house for a little while. By 9:30 a.m., they were finished and ready to come home. Because Stephen and Savannah can only spend so many weekends at the GA Aquarium, he opted to take her to the Macy's Pink Pig at Lenox to kill some time. I was totally bummed! 2 reasons...1)I have wanted to take Savannah to ride the Pink Pig since she was 6 months old. 2)Stephen didn't have a camera, and therefore, I could not blog about it. When they got there, Stephen walked right up to the tent thinking, "this is great...no line!" Uh, wrong! Once you have tickets, there's no line, however, they waited, get this, an HOUR AND A HALF!!! for tickets. I'm not sure how either of them lasted and he didn't have a stroller to boot! How does a 2 1/2 year have the patience to stand in line for an hour and a half??? How did I get so lucky to marry a man with patience to stand in line for an hour and a half with none other than a 2 1/2 year old??? If I had taken her, we would have been back in the car at the first sight of the line. "What's the point of all this," you ask? I decided that we would make a New Year's tradition to ride the Macy's Pink Pig. So after Savannah's nap, we packed up the kiddos and the point-and-shoot and headed to Lenox. I waited a whopping 3 minutes for tickets...not too bad! Was it worth all the fuss? Will this really become a New Year's tradition for the Barnetts? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I was not impressed at all. However, Savannah was thrilled to ride the Pink Pig train again. Will she miss it? Probably not. I think black-eyed peas and collard green will go down easier with me than another ride on Macy's pitiful attempt to recreate the old Rich's Pink Pig monorail. However, I did get a few photos of the occassion.





No comments: