Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Day After

The day after Christmas is when we celebrated with the Harrell/Rainwater side of the family. My mom and step-dad drove in from St Marys. All my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews came over to play. We had lots of yummy appetizers and sweet treats (including the cut-out cookies Savannah and I baked).

The entertainment was provided by my brother-in-law, Joe, who stole the show with his vocals playing Guitar Hero World Tour. Stephen started charging admission before Joe performed his rendition of Michael Jackson's Beat It. If your dog was howling at 10:30 p.m. 12/26/2008, Joe is terribly sorry.

Savannah donned her 'Papa Santa' dress for the occassion. However, before too long, she added her own style...the photo speaks for itself.



I took a picture of this group at Thanksgiving so we didn't feel the need to take another family photo. Here we are...my Aunt Brencie and Uncle Dick joined us for Thanksgiving this year so they are included in this photo. I took this picture thanks to a tripod and the self-timer on the camera. I took 2 pictures...this was the second one. Can you believe even with all these kids and a very unhappy Skylar (in Melanie's arms), that everyone stood still, smiled and looked at the camera???



Gage made his grand debut by sleeping through the entire party. He did, however, stay completely alert through round 2 of present opening madness. Stephen said he looked scared to death, but I'm pretty sure he just really enjoyed having his familiy around and didn't want to miss a minute of it. I don't even have any pictures because I just wanted to enjoy time with the fam.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: