Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Firehouse Rock

This past Sunday, many of the neighborhood kids got a special treat...a trip to the local firehouse! One our neighbors arranged the visit with the heroes of Cobb County #4. The kids loved it, albeit, some may have been a little freaked out when one of the firemen donned his full gear...oxygen mask and all. Savannah took refuge behind Daddy.


The big boys, on the other hand, thought it was pretty darn cool.


What some of you may or may not know is that both my father and my Uncle Perry (Mom's brother) were both firemen for Fulton County (this was updated as I was corrected by my Mom). I've been waiting to document this trip until I could locate a nostalgic picture that I wanted to recreate with Savannah.





The fire trucks have come a long way in the last 30 years. However, Stephen pointed out that at least one thing remains the same...the siren! They are identical in both pictures.

Safety is always first and foremost so Savannah inspected under the truck and ensured all the gauges were in their proper places.




Reluctantly, Savannah was brave enough to get in the driver's seat for a quick pic.


And we cannot forget Gage...he enjoyed the field trip too! The fire engine got called out while we were there. And since the weather was pretty nasty and rainy, the engine was pretty soaked when it returned. I tried to get Gage's reflection in the truck :-)


Thanks to our neighbor for organizing the visit and many thanks to the heroes at Cobb County #4 for taking time out of your Sunday to bring a little sunshine to such a dismal day for all our kiddos! I think the dads may have been a little star-struck as well!

No comments: