Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Soccer season has come to a close

...and you ask, "Amy, why, I didn't know Savannah was playing soccer. You never mentioned this in your blog before." Yes, I know and that's mostly because the season was not blogworthy by any means. There wasn't 1 game to speak of. Savannah started her first soccer season roughly 8 weeks ago...give or take a week or two given the many practice rainouts. We decided to sign Savannah up for soccer after I determined I was literally throwing money away to the Tumblebus people who claim our children are learning gymnastics. Perhaps it's just a matter of fact that gymnastics is not Savannah's strong suit, but they won't be seeing my checks again anytime soon! So we signed her up for soccer...it was soccer or baseball and soccer seemed the obvious choice for a girl. I assume she enjoyed it enough. I received weekly progress reports from Coach Ray via email...here was her latest report.

Respecting Coach 10
Following Directions 8
Warming Up 9
Trying my best 9
Dribbling 8
No Hands Rule 8
Dynamic Passing 4
Defense 7

And I always got a kick out of the Coach's Notes:
Coach’s Notes:
Savannah was a little confused by the jumble of bodies in 3 on 3, but
did a good job.

Whenever I ask her about soccer, the conversation is pretty much summed up by "You don't use your hands in soccer, Mommy." Can't argue with that.

The reason for this blog? Well, Coach Ray was kind enough to send me a picture of Savannah from today's practice. Oh, crap, and I just realized I sent her to school in a skirt and basketball shoes today...oh well!


We also got an email tonight...next season it's Golf and/or Tennis...heck yeah! Savannah is already signed up for tennis...woohoo! I won't be booking my ATL - London flight just yet for Wimbeldon 2025, but one can dream, can't she?

No comments: