Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tennis!

Savannah's tennis lessons have begun. I'm giddy! I don't want to be one of those parents who push their children into things they don't really enjoy, but I feel I've done a pretty good job of at least exposing her to lots of things (music class, gymnastics, soccer, swimming and now tennis)...hey she's not even 3! Poor Gage...he probably won't get to experience as much before he's 3. I'm the youngest so I know and now I understand, the youngest just doesn't get all the extracurricular the oldest gets. Hopefully Stephen will help make sure Gage is plenty well-rounded. But I digress.

The first of 8 tennis lessons started yesterday. And while I don't plan to post each of her evaluations, I can't promise I won't. But this was the first one so I gotta do it.

Coach started out with a warm-up and then
talked to us about our new sport. First off, we talked about Safety and how we
need to be careful. Coach had us stand at our cones where we were far away
from each other when he handed us our rackets.

Coach had us hold the racket with the hand we color with and the ball in the
other. He helped show me how to drop the ball onto my racket so I could hit
my first Serve!

After I got the timing down, coach put out a big blue tarp and challenged us to
hit the ball and get it to land on the tarp or “IN”. If we didn't make it the ball
was “OUT”. Coach said this was really important in Tennis!

Respecting Coach 10
Following Directions 9
Warming Up 9
Trying my best 9
Safety 8
Serve 7
Racket Hand: Righty
IN or OUT 8

Coach’s Notes:
Savannah was excited to get the ball IN!

No recent pictures to post, but Stephen bought Savannah her first tennis outfit for her first Easter...she was ~9 months old.


And here she is swinging her first racquet (Daddy's bee-killing racquet)...she was ~21 months old.


We're off to Cape Coral, FL for Memorial Day Weekend. I'm sure there will be lots to post about...Gage's first airplane ride, Savannah's first that she's likely to remember, Savannah playing with her cousins, Aiden and Emily who are now ~16 months old. It will be so fun to see them all playing together. But for now...bedtime!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hey - Costco has some cute tennis gear! :) Maybe she'll be the next tennis superstar!