Friday, May 8, 2009

Muffins for Moms


When I was in kindergarten, I remember having "Donuts for Dads"...I think the Moms got jipped...but it was really cool having my dad in my class with me for the morning. So I was thrilled to attend when Savannah's class invited the moms to breakfast. The kids were so cute and loved having their mamas in class for the morning. It also gave some of the moms a chance to chat and exchange numbers since we either so rarely see each other, or when we do, we are either rushing off to work or rushing home to get dinner prepared.

Today is also Savannah's last day in class with Miss Jill, Miss Erica and Miss Lauren. Miss Jill has been one of our favorites since Savannah started day-care at the ripe old age of 3 months. She is the one who nicknamed Savannah, "Bean" and it has stuck. We waited 2 years to get into her class and it's hard to believe that the school year has come to a close and Savannah will be moving on up to the next room. I was sad, however, to learn that one of Savannah's pal-around gals will not be moving with her :( It didn't even occur to me that some of the kids in her class were born after the "cut-off" date! Thankfully Emerson lives in our subdivision and so it will be easy to get together with her often. We were also saddened to learn that her friend, Ava, is moving away...close to my old stomping grounds...and won't be in Savannah's class anymore either. Thankfully, Katherine, who has also been with Savannah since the infant room will still be in her class.

Savannah presented me with a lovely hand-print and a few drawings...one is a picture of me! I honestly so rarely ever keep most of the "artwork" that Savannah brings home unless it is a hand, foot or finger print. Until she is actually the one drawing the picture, it's all a bit too much to hold on to.

No comments: