Saturday, July 5, 2008

GA Aquarium and Centennial Park

We went to the GA Aquarium this morning...got there early before the crowds. Savannah usually walks around like she owns the place, but today there were divers in several of the tanks. Despite all the pictures of Stephen and I SCUBA diving and us telling Savannah that it is mommy and daddy in the pictures, she freaks when she sees the divers at the aquarium. Here she is happy at the Tropical Diver exhibit...


And here's Daddy and Savannah after she spotted the diver and attempted to run out of the exhibit as fast as possible. How dare he wave and blow her kisses?!?!


As I've mentioned before and will continue to mention at every chance I get, I am one of the few natives to Atlanta. Centennial Park is one of those places I have never been to. I was in Athens, GA attending UGA during the 1996 Summer Olympics and really wanted to stay as far away from the Olympic chaos as possible that summer. So today we packed Savannah's swim suit and trekked in the 10:30 am Atlanta heat to the fountains. I honestly did not think Savannah would have anything to do with the fountains after our experience at the Jacksonville Zoo in May, but she surprised me today, although at times we were not sure if she was laughing or crying. But, all in all, she had a good time I'm sure.






This little man was too funny. He kept asking me to take his picture. He was having the time of his life!


After lunch at Stats (we weren't too impressed and next time we'll head back to the tried and true...The Varsity!), we finally headed home. It wasn't long before Savannah zonked out. Unfortunately the ride home is only 15 minutes and that was about all she napped today.

No comments: