Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Every true genius is bound to be naive. -- Friedrich von Schille



Before the swim season began, my goal for Savannah was to have her jump off the diving board at Aunt Brencie's house. Little did I know she would (1) go voluntarily without anyone even mentioning the words 'diving board' or 'jump' or (2) do it this early in the season! Savannah and I were hanging out in the shallow end when Stephen decided to dive from the diving board...something he's done countless times before. This time, however, Savannah whined when he went and was trying to get out of my arms and swim towards the deep end. She headed for the ladder and I helped her up. I looked at Stephen and asked if he was willing to tread water and catch her if she actually decided to jump. He agreed. She walk right up to the diving board, climbed up, "walked the plank", and off she went...not once, twice or even three times, but four times! She came up smiling and beaming with pride every time.













Savannah also went down the slide, but this time opted to go on her belly...

No comments: