Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You turn 2, you get 2 parties...

I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends. ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday's festivities ended around 9:00 pm (that is the latest Savannah has ever stayed up). Sunday morning started at The Marietta Diner for breakfast...yummy! We said our good-byes to Nana and Papa Bob and it was off to work for me as I met up with Susana to start setting up for the 3:30 party for Savannah and Sophie.

Our little princesses are just 2 days apart and so Susana and I thought it most logical to knock out 2 parties with 1 big blowout. So glad we did...I think they both had a fantastic time and I sure hope all the guests enjoyed themselves. So here are some pics from the big day...
The cake...

The cupcake tower...

"Vannah"...Sophia's "S" and "A" broke, so Savannah was kind enough to give up her "S" and "A" and become Vannah for the day.

Savannah, Sophie K. and Sophie B. enjoying the spread...

Savannah with her cake.

I already knew, but many of you might not, but Savannah does not like cake! I know, how is this child related to me? She cried during the singing of "Happy Birthday" and refused to even touch the cupcake presented to her. Give the girl a juice box and life is good again. She did, however redeem herself. I made some Rice Krispy Treats the other day and I thought I'd see if she liked them...she kept asking for more. I have reclaimed her as my own.

After just about everyone left we took some pictures of the families. Sophie has always taken a liking to Stephen...so she was included in the family photo op.

And my favorite picture of all...Susana called me from the kitchen to get a picture of this and the girls are just so pretty in their dresses and bare feet.

Hope you all have a safe and Happy 4th of July weekend!

No comments: