Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Choosy moms...

...should NEVER run out of peanut butter! You are probably thinking this topic is not blog-worthy, but mind you, never in my life that I can ever remember (and I'm going back to when I was first introduced to peanut butter probably in the womb) have I run out of peanut butter. I love peanut butter. Think Ron Burgundy and his "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch." speech. My favorite is homemade, freshly ground peanut butter. Among her many talents, my aunt Brencie grinds her own peanuts into peanut butter and it is to die for. Forgive her, the peanuts are actually store-bought, although, if she had a peanut farm somewhere on her property, it would not surprise me in the least. I can remember as a wee little lass sitting in her kitchen eating it by the spoonfuls. I'm not certain I wasn't eating store-bought, but, nonetheless, it is one of my more pleasant childhood memories. Running a close second to freshly ground, is full fat, full calorie, creamy Jif...no Skippy will pass through these doors. Anywho, the point is, last night, it happened. I depleted my peanut butter supply. Gasp! I scraped every last creamy morsel of goodness out of that jar and Stephen can attest that I came close to tears when I threw the empty plastic jar in the recycle bin. In an effort to capture this once-in-a-lifetime event, here is my empty jar.


I guess I should mention (since this blog is called "Savannah Kate and Gage Martin") that yesterday Gage turned 3 months old! He's a chatty little fella these days. Savannah never really talked until she could actually talk. Gage, on the other hand, makes all sorts of fun noises and really sounds like he's holding a conversation with us. So much fun! Felicia and Leslie are just eating him up in the infant room at school. They say he never cries and I believe it. He doesn't cry at home either unless he's tired or hungry (or when I accidentally clip skin instead of nail when trying to trim his fingernails...that only happened once and I've not clipped his nails since).

And here's one for the grandparents who don't really care that I love peanut butter. I can only imagine what fear is going through Gage's head.


I know you all are thinking we don't let Savannah wear anything other than this shirt. I promise, she really just loves this shirt!

No comments: