Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What a weekend!

We missed gymnastics Saturday morning to attend a birthday party for 3 of Savannah's friends, Caden, Kyle and Kylie..."C2K '09" as we've referred to it in our house. Gymnastics class was probably pretty boring without half the class there since they were all at Kangazoom. Savannah had a blast as she always does at Kangazoom, but it's even more fun when surrounded by 20 other kids she knows. After the party, Savannah and I had a nice girls' lunch (just the 2 of us) at The Crepe Revolution. The waitress kept commenting on how well-behaved Savannah was. I'd pat myself on the back if I didn't know that she was really just dog tired and didn't have any fight left in her. She barely touched her lunch, but that may have been due to the fact that she ate her weight (40 pounds) in cheese, grapes and crackers at the party.

After a nap, (did she take a nap on Saturday? I can't remember) we brought her Barbie Jeep out of storage to see if she might finally be old enough to enjoy it. Stephen has a knack for buying toys about 12-18 months too early. For example, we have a Black and Decker toy tool set in our attic that Stephen bought after Christmas that I supposed Gage might find enjoyable next Christmas. Anyhow, she seemed to really enjoy the Jeep this year.


Here she is last year. It's not until you see pictures from a year ago that you realize how much of a little girl she is turning into!


Sunday morning took a turn for the worse. Savannah announced first thing, "Mommy, my belly hurts." Those are 4 words I've never heard Savannah say until then. After a small breakfast and 2 successful trips to the potty, we thought we were over the belly ache. So we decided a trip to the park to feed the ducks was in order. As we were getting ready...I think Stephen was putting on her shoes...Savannah got sick...on Stephen no less. I'm chuckling now as I type this because his face was priceless. I don't recall his exact words, but it went something like this:
Stephen: That's never happened to me before.
Me: Welcome to the club.
After all was cleaned up, Savannah said she still wanted to go to the park. We fed the ducks and played for a little while, but Savannah said that she wanted to go home. Uh oh. She must not be feeling good. So we went home and she took a 2 1/2 hour nap...no lunch, no milk, just sleep.

By Sunday night, I was feeling her pain. I too had a belly ache and head ache to boot. We both stayed home on Monday. By Tuesday morning, everyone was feeling good. By Tuesday night, Stephen is now sick :( I just hope Gage dodges this one!!!

Speaking of Gage, he took it easy on Sunday. He read the paper and then napped in the swing. What a life!

No comments: